Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Wait A Minute Mister Postman; Postcard Party 8

A Christmas state of mind; what images do the holidays conger in your mind?  I am not sure if it is because I grew up where everything was covered in a thick blanket of snow by the time Christmas arrived or if it was the influence of television, advertisement, and Martha Stewart that makes it so the only images of the Holidays I relate to are those where I am frozen. 

I have lived in California for almost 6 years now and I still find it delightfully strange that in mid November I'm still in flip flops and short sleeved blouses.  And it does feel like Christmas; beautiful decorations throughout the towns, the Parade of Lights, and the Christmas tunes are all amazing and festive.  I absolutely love it but it really draws attention to how everything we perceive is relative to the experiences we have had but not based on actual reality.  Or is reality just relative?  

Anyway, at first I found the following postcards to be very odd until I really thought about  how Christmas doesn't have snow everywhere, so why not show pictures of flowers and meadows?  I have been comfortable with desert scenes for the Wise Men, why not lilacs and a cottage?  So here are my Christmas oddities:


https://www.etsy.com/listing/168717612/antique-christmas-postcard-1910s-a-merry?ref=shop_home_active
Antique Christmas Postcard 1910s "..A Merry Christmas " Unique Summer Themed Pic Cottage by Lake Interlocking Hearts Purple Forget Me Nots
https://www.etsy.com/listing/168717612/antique-christmas-postcard-1910s-a-merry?ref=shop_home_active
https://www.etsy.com/listing/168728979/antique-christmas-postcard-1910s-a?ref=shop_home_active
Antique Christmas Postcard 1910s "A Christmas Greetings" Unique Summer Themed Picture of a Country Farmhouse & White Picket Fence Meadow
https://www.etsy.com/listing/168728979/antique-christmas-postcard-1910s-a?ref=shop_home_active
https://www.etsy.com/listing/164947873/antique-postcard-a-merry-christmas-rare?ref=shop_home_active
Antique Postcard "A Merry Christmas" Rare Christmas Lilac Bush 1909
https://www.etsy.com/listing/164947873/antique-postcard-a-merry-christmas-rare?ref=shop_home_active

The Featured Image Of The Week:
Digital Art From Gossamer Tearoom
Also Check Out Her Etsy Shop Velvet Revived  For More Great Digitals!

http://gossamertearoom.blogspot.com/2013/11/a-linky-party-and-new-addition-to-family.html
********************************************************************************* Now it is your turn to share your favorites: I would love to have you join my Postcard Lover's Linkup Party! Want to show off your prize postcards? Then Link up below...

There are a few rules before you link up (but not many.) Please help promote since that will make this so much more fun!

Rules:
Most important: Must be Family Friendly
1. Follow my blog via GFC, Bloglovin, or Network. If you are new please leave a comment so I can follow you back.
2. Grab the button and post it on your blog. Either on your blog or a specific post (if you do not have a blog you are excused from this step.)

Postcard Lover's Tuesday


3. Post from your Blog, Shop, Website, basically anywhere that you can link from.
4. Post your favorite Vintage Postcard, Handmade Postcard, Art made from old Postcards, Digital Art from Postcards... You get the picture ;)5. Limit 3 Post per person per party (usually weekly)
6. Have fun and enjoy the Postcards
STOP BY NEXT WEEK AND SEE WHICH GREAT POSTCARD I CHOSE FROM THE LINKY COLLECTION TO BE THE FEATURED CARD OF THE WEEK.!  MAYBE IT WILL BE YOUR'S
Feel free to repost this hop: get the InLinkz code

1 comment:

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

Thank you so much, Colleen, for featuring my "Christmastime is Here" Sheet! It is so nice of you!!! And you are absolutely correct in your point that it does not snow everywhere for Christmas! I just love the postcards you are showing today and they just remind me that I would love nothing more than to spend Christmas one day in a warm place!

Wishing you a lovely rest of your day,

Betty